- i.design Mortars Ciments Calcia
i.design EFFIX CREA
i.design EFFIX CREA (very high performance mortar) is dedicated to designers and architects.
Very high performance mortar
Produced according to ISO 14001Standard
- i.design EFFIX CREA is a ready-to-use mortar consisting of cement pre-blended with sand, fibres and admixtures as needed for its manufacture.
- The fibres used are alkali-resistant glass fibres
Fields of application
- i.design EFFIX CREA is a very high performance mortar to be used for manufacturing non-structural elements and decorative objects.
Mixing with water yields a very flowable ivory mortar.
|Fresh mortar density||2.340 kg/m3|
|Particle size distribution||0 – 500 µm|
|Compressive strength at 20°C||Flexural strength at 20°C|
|At 1 day||≥ 60 MPa||≥ 6 MPa|
|At 7 days||≥ 90 MPa||≥ 7 MPa|
|At 28 days||≥ 100 MPa||≥ 9 MPa|
- Work at an ambient temperature between 5° C and 25° C.
- Ambient temperature can actually affect application time as follows:
- about 5°C: < 90 minutes
- about 20°C: < 45 minutes
- about 25°C: < 5 minutes
- In hot weather, store bags at a temperature below the ambient air and mix cold water to extend workability time.
- Ensure that all mould/formwork joints are properly sealed to prevent leakage; in case they are not, use silicone joints to fill leaks, if any.
- All surfaces in contact with i.design EFFIX CREA should be clean and coated with a thin layer of highgrade formwork/mould release oil. The use of clean, proper brushes or clothes is absolutely necessary for this step.
- Provide effective protection against desiccation (dryingout), especially when manufacturing thin and long elements (i.e. those featuring a significant exposed surface/volume ratio). The use of wet non-woven fabrics and plastic sheets or the even distribution of an antievaporation agent has been shown to provide an adequate solution to the problem.
- Protect from frost, wind and direct sun during setting and hardening.
- Removal of formwork/mould can be performed after 18-24 hours.
- After demoulding, elements must be kept wet or be immersed in water at 20°C for at least 7 days. During early curing, avoid storage in hot, dry and windy weather.
- The use of a suitable surface protection product is highly advisable.